Let us launch the next stage of your career
Simply Do Ideas' technologies and services are ever-expanding, and to complement this growth we need talented, passionate, and motivated individuals to join our team.
We're a small company, but one with lots of drive, so we need people who can fit in well and share our goal to provide fantastic products and excellent quality of service to our new and existing customers.
All of the openings on this page are based at our office in Cardiff.
Please note that the positions listed on this page are indicative of our requirements and do not necessarily mean we are actively recruiting for them. However, please don't let that put you off, as we still consider every application.
Please note that we are not interested in communications from agencies at this time.
Click or tap on an opening below to find out more about it.
This is an entry-level position.
Join the Simply Do Ideas Engineering team and help build on and improve new and existing systems. This is a very exciting position, as we are still a young and agile company that develops fast and constantly maintains and builds new features and systems.
The successful candidate would take an active part in decision-making and will be given the opportunity to contribute thoughts and ideas across the Simply Do Ideas systems. As an early employee, the candidate will be expected to work towards becoming a lead engineer (based on experience and quality of work) as time progresses.
This position is entry-level, and so is suited to computer science (or similar) graduates and others with equal experience/skills. Although this position is entry-level, it certainly helps to have some experience in some of the areas below - whether this is in the form of coursework, home projects, hackathons, or other work.
We aren’t necessarily looking for experts, but we are certainly looking for people who are very keen to learn and improve and be proactive in applying themselves to their work.
About the domain
A suite of AWS services is used to manage, host, and organise our various systems; including EC2, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, and Lambda.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities would include:
- Helping to maintain and build our web application and surrounding systems, with a view to becoming a lead developer on these.
- Helping to build and maintain the marketing website.
- Contributing to design and feature discussions and be active in meetings discussing technical areas of the business.
- Be willing to attend (and sometimes represent Simply Do Ideas at) local technical events, such as hackathons and meetups.
Required Skillset & experience
The following are essential:
- Ability to communicate well with a team (in person, and remotely through email and Slack).
- Be a great team-player by working collaboratively with other members of the engineering team (and outside the team), supporting other members of the team, and joining-in with team activities.
- Comfortable with (and maintaining politeness and professionalism whilst) communicating with customers, dealing with support requests, and representing the company in general.
- Relatively strong programming and problem-solving skills.
- Confident with HTML and CSS.
- Comfortable with version control systems, such as git.
- Comfortable with no-SQL databases, such as MongoDB and CouchDB.
- Comfortable with the Unix (OS X, BSD, Linux) command-line.
- Be excited and keen to use and learn about new tech and be proactive in work (i.e. never feel that there’s nothing to do).
The following are desrirable:
- Experience with the Meteor platform.
- Experience with using Docker.
- Experience with testing code.
- Confident in working with web APIs.
- Confident in using package managers (such as NPM, Bower, etc.) and using third-party packages in code.
- Experience with managing cloud servers and services, such as AWS, Digital Ocean, or Rackspace.
- An eye for design using CSS and media.
- Some experience with graphic design.
What you will gain:
In addition to a competitive and representative salary, you will:
- Get free tea and coffee.
- Go on team adventures and days out.
- Experience the excitement of working in a fast-paced startup-like environment, surrounded by a young, agile, and passionate team.
- Get to work with some of the latest developments in the tech world. We always try to make sure we’re up-to-date with the technology we use, and are always open to suggestions.
- Have fun :)
Simply Do Ideas is committed to promoting a safe, fun, and inclusive work environment.
If you have any questions about this role, then please get in touch with Will Webberley on email@example.com.